TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I see z32 enthusiasts as split into 2 main groups:
People Seeking Info

Subject I see z32 enthusiasts as split into 2 main groups:

Posted by TriniTT on September 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM
  This message has been viewed 363 times.

In Reply To The demographics of the fan base for the Z32 lowers posted by JMartz on September 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Message 1. The original z32 enthusiasts that have enjoyed them since day 1, perhaps have owned one since it was new or still a fresh car on the market but have been interested in them for well over a decade or two now. This group tends to have members that are quite intelligent - engineers of sorts and the like. They're also a bit older in age, so they often have the means to afford quality parts and more pristine chassis examples.

2. Punkass kids that don't know their feet from their nose. From experience this group seems to be primarily comprised of people who are on the lowest scales of intelligence, have almost no means to afford any parts (let alone quality) and only scooped up a z32 because the previous owner died/broke it/let it sit too long/couldn't afford to maintain it and they think they got a great deal since they were able to rebuild their previous honda del sol in under a year's time.

Personally I think if you asked 100 people under 30 what sports car they'd buy, you mightn't have a single one choose the z32. Since it wasn't featured in any Paul Walker movies, it doesn't even make the list for most kids. Didn't you know that you can't have a fun car if it isn't producing power in 4-digits? But the vast split between the socio-economic classes of the main "enthusiast" groups means the market is so completely unpredictable; it's not even really possible to speculate with any accuracy.

It also generally means that you have some exquisite examples that SHOULD be more valuable than the majority of beat-up and poorly-maintained Zs out there, but unfortunately what results is the mindset of, "Hey my buddy picked up a z32 for $500, why should I pay $20k?" To the layman, a Z is a Z is a Z. The "values" we place on them as elitest enthusiasts are not openly realistic, so selling for that sort of coin requires sourcing another elistest enthusiast with the means and desire. It really could take awhile, if ever.

Cheers,
JBrobst

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.